Thursday, June 10, 2010

What to do with an hr.

The kids go down at 12:30 and literally I get an hour before Alex wakes up (Hayden will sleep until 2:00).
So everyday I basically run to get them to bed because I'm so excited for some time to myself and every day I waste the hour thinking of what I'm going to do with this free time.  Do I make and eat a proper lunch? Do I take a nap? Do I do some laundry, catch up with a friend? Read a book? What to do, what to do? Today I decided I was going to lie down and grab a nap after a week of Alex and his teeth waking me up at all hours of the night. So for 30min I lied there in the dark anxious and aware that I only had so many more minutes left to rest.

Finally I fell asleep just to be woken up ten minutes later (groggy and feeling even more tired then I was before the nap) to Alex who decided to sleep for only 40min today. Now he sits quietly enjoying some milk as I sit here bitter wishing I made and ate lunch instead.

No comments: