Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heros

The other day I decided to take the kids for a walk first thing in the morning. It was going to be a hot one so the crack o' dawn outing seemed like a good idea.  It was rush, rush, rush, sweat, sweat, sweat getting the kids and their gear packed up. One out the door, the next out the door, one in the stroller, the next in the stroller. One gets a milk the other gets a water, one wants to sit the other wants to lie down.Up and down the stairs to our front door, i forget this and forget that. After my usual "Hayden no we can't pick flowers now or chase ants" back and forth and shoving Alex's hat on we were off and ready to go" (after I chased Lui back in the house after he ran half way down the street).  So we walked and walked and talked and sang and went on the swings...and were home again just in the nick of time for lunch.

I parked the stroller, set Hayden free and went up the stairs with my toddler to unlock the front door (part of the unpacking routine).  Into my purse I went to dig for my keys. Under a diaper, past the drippy sippy cup and around my wallet my hand fished around looking for the keys...the keys that I forgot to take during my sweaty and involved pack up. Marcus was home when I left, but had since gone to work. WE WERE LOCKED OUT. Not only were we locked out, but we were locked out at lunch time and that hot day I was trying to avoid was looking us straight in the eyes. @#(*$#$(%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked down to see these big blue eyes looking up at me wondering why we weren't going inside the house and something came over me. There was NO WAY we weren't getting inside. After a quick scan of the house I noticed a window left a  crack open which I could reach. Oh I was going for it. So with that I quickly explained to Hayden what was going on. "The door is stuck so mommy is going to go inside here, wait here like a good boy". He looks at me with this "I so have your back" kind of smile and away I went launching my big post p butt (shut up i realize it's been 9 months, but I'm using that excuse FOREVER) and bending practically in half through the window landing on my face...but I was in. As I stood up I heard this little voice from the outside "Mommy inside...yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" and suddenly I stood proud. I was the hero, I was my sons hero and I ran to unlock the door with great pride and excitement!  Hayden was already waiting at the door for me with a great bit smile on his face clapping his hands over his head...who cares if it was my fault that we were locked out in the first place, he never has to know that.

PS. I wonder if my neighbour and her husband saw lol

No comments: