It was a lonnnnng day, the other day. Hayden hated me and I hated him (yes I just said that). Alex, well Alex is only 9 months but just acting like a 9 month old was enough to put me over the edge this particular day (yes I just said that as well).
Bedtime couldn't come fast enough because I was so excited to get out of the house to go grocery shopping.
This wan't just an ordinary shopping, it was a "I just had a long bad day of kids screaming so I'm going to take my time going up and down the isles, maybe check out some joe fresh in silence" kind of shopping...and I did.
It was all so lovely until check out when I noticed the poor mother of two in front of me with the same look on her face as I had all day. Her little ones were screaming and I could tell it was everything in her to keep her cool. Normally I could handle it, but this time it wasn't going to happen. The thought of listening to yet another child scream on this particular day was enough for me to make the 6:00 news "33 year old woman looses it at Loblaws, full story at 6:00".
So I quietly back my cart up (because I didn't want to insult my people) and head for the furtherst possible check out. The furthest possible checkout had the longest possible line up, but this was once again the best of the bad. Line up for silence...hmmmm there seems to be a pattern here.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment