Friday, June 11, 2010

The smell is in the air...

This Sunday we will be celebrating Hayden's second birthday. Today while walking there was the smell of a certain flower in the air (not sure which flower) which put me right back to the weekend Hayden was born. That smell was in the air the night before I went into labour as Marcus and I sat outside enjoying a summer evening dinner.  That same smell was in the air after my water broke as I walked up and down University Ave (In a hospital gown) to "help get things moving". I would say that I  remembered that same flower after he was born but I'd be lying because really...I've been dazed and confused for two years now.

Hayden, when you're old enough to read and understand this entry,  you'll also be old enough to understand that you should go figure out what flower it is I'm talking about and go get me some. :)
I love you, my love. Here's to a wonderful second year. xo

No comments: