Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nighttime Party

Last night at about 11:00 Hayden woke up screaming for me to clean his hands. I went into his room, checked his hands and assured him that his hands were clean. That's when I realized he was sleep talking but with his eyes wide open.  He then woke from his "dream" only to be freaked out by something on his far wall. His eyes grew large and he started to scream, which in turn freaked me right out too. (I know, shut up -but it's a full moon so you never know....shut up).

Anyway, I scooped him up to stop his crying because I didn't want to wake Alex up (and to get away from the boogie man in his room).  Into our bed he went where I calmed him down.

2:00am my back is in a cramp because my body is in some contorted position to accommodate my sleep talking two year old. So once I again I pick him up and bring him back into his room.

3:30am he wakes again because of that darn boogie man and cries for me to come get him (so I go because once again we don't want to wake Alex). So back into our bed he goes.

4:50am he decides it's time to get up but with a little convincing I get him to lie back down. At this point I wasn't really sleeping anyway because once again Hayden is owning the bed.

6:00am hes up for the day.

Did I mention that Marcus slept like a log and missed the party as well as the boogie mans appearance.

So two coffees later this morning I'm counting down the minutes until their nap so I can finally get a good nights sleep.

blah.

P.S Alex JUST snapped me out of my feeling sorry for myself sleepy funk. As I typed this I just watched him take 5 or 6 steps across the room! Freekin adorable!

No comments: