Do you ever get too far into a conversation to turn back? Is it because we can't be bothered or maybe just too polite? Well I got knee deep this morning and I have to share because I can't stop laughing over here.
Hayden, Alex, Lui and I all were off on our morning walk when I was stopped by a young woman walking down the street pushing her sleeping baby. She stops me, takes off her sunglasses smiles and says "Hello! Remember me, I'm Heathers friend. We met at Jasper's birthday party". Now...as she was "re-introducing" herself cars were flying by us on a busy street so I only really heard at first (before I thought about it) "Hi I'm Heathers friend" and "we met at a birthday party". I do in fact have a friend named heather and I do meet random people at birthday parties so my partially distracted reaction was "Oh hi" because she did have that familiarish type of face. (Again, does that make sense? - Some people just have a common face). Wow, why do I share my stupidity with the world?
Anyway, within a few seconds of digesting what she said I realized that I did in fact not know her, but now I was knee deep so I just kept going along with this false conversation with this person about "Heather". She went on to talk about how they recently moved and that she hasn't seen her since the birthday. So me, being me nodded my head and said "Oh that's right, no I haven't seen her either". WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY, you ask? GOOD QUESTION! Again, was it that I couldn't be bothered or possibly just too polite? Either way the conversation was coming to a near end as really, how much could I fake?
What was funny was, as we said our goodbyes I could tell that she was quickly starting to realize that I probably was not Heathers friend and that she made a mistake, yet like myself was unable to call a spade a spade because now she thought, that I thought, that I knew her! So we both said our confused goodbyes and went off in separate directions.
I'm still sitting here scratching my head. How I have come this far in life is beyond me.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LMAO.....so funny!!! Blame it on Mommy-brain, lack of coffee and your total kindness as a person - I would have done the same thing! Hilarious!!!
Post a Comment