A thunk just used to be a thunk. But now that I've had kids, a thunk instinctively makes me look around after hearing the thunk to see who has killed themselves.
So this morning I put Alex down for his morning nap and then joined Hayden and Marcus to enjoy my morning coffee. Hayden was playing (After a night of waking up 100000 times) and my coffee was oh so good. The moment was peaceful until Marcus and I heard a loud THUNK...long pause and then Alex SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. HOLY @#)#$)#(@)#* the two of us went running up the stairs, I don't think my feet touched the ground with Hayden following us yelling "yea" the entire time clearly in a different mind set.
We run into Alex's room to find him ON THE FLOOR. Apparently he can pull himself up now, good to know. He escaped from his crib and HE was the thunk.
After checking him over 10,000 times we learned that he was fine. Not a bump, scratch, or mark on him. In fact his spirits have never been better. How are we you ask? We're fine too. I think we're numb now. You can only have a heart attack so many times before the attacks become just a normal way to feel.
Last year when Hayden did a back flip off of his change table, we took him straight to emerg just to have a handful of nurses laugh at us and say "If we had a nickle for every child that did this". Actually my favouite line was "First time parents I'm guessing". At the time I remember thinking what the heck does that mean? Now, I get it. Sucks to be the second child because this time we didn't jump as fast to go running to emerge. However with that said, this time we knew what to look for should there had been something else going on.
Anyway, we adjusted the crib to the next height and broke it along the way. So now we have to buy a new crib. Hayden took a flip off of the couch as well - he's also fine.
It's only 10:30. I wonder what the rest of the day has in store?
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment