Thursday, May 13, 2010

This Spring

This spring, Hayden discovered that he loves flowers, rocks and sticks. He learned to ask for the "swings" at the park and to run in the "gass". This spring he realized that certain faces got a laugh out of Marcus and I and even Alex. Hayden learned to get up and off the couch himself, spin in circles and dance when his favorite song came on. This spring he became my second skin thinking I'm both the best and worst person in the world. He learned how to swim with a life jacket on, open the slider door on his own and run out into the rain puddles in his bare feet when I wasn't looking.  This spring Hayden realized that when the car was in the drive way, that Marcus was home. He learned that picking his nose was gross and that poo poo was stinky. This spring Hayden realized that both him and I can't get enough hugs and even when we disagree (that was polite) we can still be friends five minutes later.  This spring my little boy went from being a baby to young child right before my eyes. 

This spring Alex learned to comando crawl across the room, eat more, giggle at Hayden and smile and clap when Marcus would enter the room. He learned how to sleep through the night and nap when I wanted him to. This spring he nearly jumped the jolly jumper right of the hindges, and out grew the bouncy seat. Alex learned to protest when a toy was taken away and let me know when he wanted to eat what I was eating.
Although Alex is changing daily, he is still a little runt who I want to keep that way for as long as possible because this spring I realized how quickly these little guys grow up.

This spring I was happy to welcome the warmer weather and say hello to sun burnt cheeks. This spring I'm relieved to open windows and wake up with the sunshine.  This spring will be the only spring I will get to spend with both of my boys daily, so I wanted to write about this time so when Im old and feeling nostalgic I will be able to re-live one of the best seasons of my life - this spring.

No comments: