Ok....
So I received an essay of instructions for Alex. Don't do this and don't do that. Make sure you do this and make sure you do that. WHATEVER YOU DO NEVER DO THIS... etc etc.
Holy crap, a whole lotta how to's for something as simple as sleep.
As mentioned, all new to me because Hayden was in love with sleep from the get go.
Anyway, we had an annoying night. We were good until about midnight and then hell broke loose until 3:00am.
My instructions were to say to him "shhhh shhhhh shh" every 10 min but no sooner. Do not touch him, do not give him the soother, do not talk to him, do not pick him up and do not feed him.
Jesus.
So I sat in the chair in his room for three hours logging our actions and shhhhing him every ten min. His yells went from angry, to coos, to moments of silence, to anger, etc,
I was then instructed to not let him out of the crib until 6:30. At 6:00am when he woke up irrate and starving I say "screw you sleep nazi" and bent the rules after a night of sticking to them.
I was pretty pissed this moring until his first nap of the day. I put him down fully expecting to shhh shhh shh every ten min until he fell asleep but I didn't have to. He put himself to sleep with no trouble and did so again for nap number 2. Nap number 3 happens in the next hour so we. shall. see.
I then realized he slept straight from 3:00am until 6:00am. (I realize out of exhaustion but he never gave me stretches like that).
In the mean time I'm feeling positive, curious and pumped up for the unfolding events of tonight.
Come onnnnnnn sleep.
Stay tuned (ha! for those who actually care! lol) - Exciting stuff, I know.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment