Sunday, March 14, 2010

21+12

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to mmmmm me, Happy Birthday to me.
People always ask, "do you feel older?" and all my life I would answer "nope" the same.  Well the events of the last two years have taken it's toll and yup feel older! But I'm assuming that means wiser too. (Or maybe wise to the fact that I don't know much and realize this as time goes on). 

A much needed night out was had last night at a local pub in the city.  Alex was in his usual good (not so good) form after I put him to bed so Marcus and I decided to wait outside for our ride because my eye actually started to twitch listening to his nightly bed time rants.  Thank goodness for my mama stepping in and saving the day for me.  (moms should get gifts on their kids bdays as well).

I realized something while driving into the city, after chatting with Marcus and Adrian about "what they did for their past bday" and it was, to put it bluntly...boring and uneventful.  How terrible is that? Since when did we loose the need to make a fuss for just one day out of the year! Let's face it, life is dull, uneventful, hard and repeats itself daily for the most part - so we need to MAKE A FUSS PEOPLE.

Make a fuss, go all out, be silly, forget about real life...just for one day.

I had to learn this for next year - hence the eye twitch.

Look out 34!



P.S Thank the lord I didn't indulge the shots Adrian bought me. That would have hurt this morning. HURT!

No comments: