Do you ever find if you don't set goals for yourself or make plans you just coast along from day to to day without any real direction? I know, an obvious conclusion but so easy it is to fall into the throws of day to day life.
Anyway, I have been wanting to get back into running since the day before I found out I was prego with Hayden. I was participating in the Run for the Cure, an easy 5k fun run for charity. About half way through the run I felt more winded than usual and wanting to walk the rest of the way. "Hey Mama" by the "Black Eyed Peas" was playing on my ipod and I wondered as I listened to the chorus - could I be pregant? Naaaa..
Well, I'm not pregnant anymore after two years of being pregnant so back into running I go! I set a goal to get ready again for the Sporting life 10k in May. This run is for Sick Kids and a fun event to participate in.
So there is my goal, killing a few birds with one stone. Back into shape(ish), donate some time to charity, and a goal to work towards.
Now...if Alex would only SLEEP AT NIGHT, the transition from couch to running shoes would be easier.
Let the training begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment