With the recent ( and seems to be on- going) colds Hayden has been fighting, he certainly has his moments of irritation. As much as I do get it, I also won't tolerate "brat like" behaviour such as hitting mommy when he doesn't get his way.
I have yet to try the "time out's" as I just can't see that reason will work on a 19 month old, so what do I do? Hayden hits me, I hit him back...harder.
Before you all gasp over this post please know that I mean a slap on the hand.
But my question does remain...Is an eye for an eye the correct form of punishment? Am I teaching Hayden "You can't hit, but mommy can?".
Needless to say, it does work.
We do spend a great deal of our youth confused so maybe, just possibly this is a right of passage.
We confuse our kids to help them figure it out.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment