Not sure how to begin this post. Ticked off, sad, scared, did i mention TICKED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to point form this for you because if I get going I won't stop.
1) Boxing day: Take Hayden to emergency because he is breathing funny, has a high fever and coughing. TOLD THEM he hs breathing funny but I was assured his lungs, throat and ears were clear and it was just a cold.
2) Dec 28 I go back to emergency because he still has a fever, bad cough, no appitite etc. I tell them again he is still not breathing well but I'm told it's because he has tonsillitis and it's the sound of the air passing around this large tonsils. We are sent home with antibiotics.
3) Dec 30 I go to my family Dr. just to check things out. No fever for two days but he still has a cough and is breathing funny. (or so I point out to them). I'm told his tonsils are not better and ears and throat and lungs are clear. No wheezing etc.
4) Jan 1 - he pukes but no fever. (after a coughing a fit)
5) Jan 2- he pukes but no fever (after a coughing fit)
6) Jan 3- he pukes with fever that came and went quickly
7) Jan 4- he pukes after a coughing fit but no fever
8) Jan 5- I decided to give him a steam in the bathroom which results in him coughing (not puking) up a ridiculous amount of mucous. I studied the contents and was more than convinced that it was in fact from his lungs and NOT his tummy this time.
9) I take him to our family dr who again tells me he is not wheezing but agrees to a chest x-ray that I had to request!
Long story short...the poor kid had:
Tonsillitis
Ear Infection
and wait for it...
Pnemonia
ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Did I mention that on DEC 26 I TOLD THE DR THAT HE WAS NOT BREATHING LIKE HE NORMALLY DOES????????
"Dr's" - yeah right.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Joanna,
What a story - so sorry to hear that and geez, it really makes me wonder about doctors! Seriously, that is ridiculous. I'll call you tomorrow to chat and see how things are. you must be exhausted from it all. Hang in there and good for you momma on discovering what the real issue is an fighting for your child. It's made me learn a lesson too next time I'm not sure of what the doctors say.
Call you soon -xo Louise
Post a Comment