Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fix You

No matter how much you read, plan and prepare there are certain things you just have to experience to learn and understand.  I've learned this last week to never under estimate the power of  my inner mama bear.

I had no problem this week harrassing Dr's, questioning their every move and trusting my own instincts when it came to Hayden.  It's MY job to protect and fix him so fix him I will!

Today as I was cleaning up the kitchen to the tunes on my ipod, I felt this little tug at my shirt while loading the dish washer. I looked down and saw these big blue eyes staring up at me with a big smile on his face.
I knelt down to him and sat and hugged him for what felt like an eternity.  He knows I'm the go to and understand that I (at least for now) have the power to fix him.

 "Fix You" by cold play was playing during our little moment together.  Good god, my heart strings are getting their butt kicked! Try listening to that song while thinking about your kids, just try it.

No text book in the world....

No comments: