Ok, so... reading reading reading and reading.
WHY IS MY BABY NOT SLEEPING LONGER THAN TWO HR STRETCHES AT A TIME?
1) Make sure they are full during the day: (He just barfed all over me) - He's full
2) Make sure he is comfortable. - Dude is comfortable
3) Change what YOU are doing. - At first this piece of advice seemed sarcastic but then it dawned on me.
*The moment I hear stirring I jump and go running in fear he will wake the house up (aka - Hayden). But what is funny is that no matter how how I try to keep the two kids from waking each other, they still do so what the heck am I waiting for at this point!
I know that Alex is fully capable of soothing himself back to sleep because I have been watching him do it for the last 24hrs during nap time. So the conclusion I come to is this...let one scream, let one wake the other and just get the two of them use to hearing each other.
In theory this is simple. But at 3:00am it just seems easier to shove a bottle into Alex's mouth to keep him quiet, even if it means in two hours he's going to do it to me all over again.
Fri, Sat, Sun Mon Hayden is home with me full time. So tomorrow night operation "make some noise to get some sleep will begin. I will at least know that if Hayden is kept up all night he will have good naps at home in his own bed should he face a night of torture.
(oh for the love of god. I as I type this Alex is flipping out in his crib after I put him down for a nap).
I may just scratch everything I just typed. We'll see.
Wish me luck.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh good luck. And isn't Alex coming up on the 4th month mark? That's when everything goes completely wonky sleep wise. (Although usually you get good sleep before that) And then by the 5th month you get a normal sleeping baby. Or you get so annoyed you force him to do cry it out without mercy...
hes just over a week from being 5 months. this is ridonkulous!
Post a Comment