Flu season is officially upon us.
First Marcus gets sick.
Then Alex gets hit with Roseola.
Then H walks around with sick face for two days but with no symptoms. Do you know what I mean by sick face? - and then...goes down. Stuffy nose, cough the whole nine yards. Last night he was up 100x and at one point in bed with us, mouth breathing hot sick breath on me.
annnnnd now I'm sick with pretty much the same thing.
So it begins....again. I wonder how many times we will hit Sick Kids this year. My bets are on 3x.
For those of you who don't know what Roseola is, here is what you need to look for:
1. A crazy high fever that comes out of nowhere. It will last anywhere from 3 days to a week so keep a close eye on it and manage with Tylenol and plenty of liquids
2. Once the fever breaks a rash will cover your child's entire body. This will last 24-48hrs (or so I'm told) - I'm still waiting for the rash to go away, it's been about 32hrs for us.
*Roseola will most likely hit kids between the ages of 6-21months.
So that's, that. Another weird and wonderful illness I have learned about.
Little walking petri dishes...
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment