Monday, August 30, 2010

This time last year


This time last year I could barely walk
This time last year I finally got your crib set up and your room together
This time last year I sat rubbing my belly every time you moved, wondering who you were and when I was going to meet you.
This time last year a bee stung me in the butt which led to labour a few hrs later.
This time last year I yelled "Drive FASTER!" on the way to the hospital as the contractions came fast and furious
This time last year the evenings were still warm but with that slight, slight nip in the air which told me fall was coming.
This time last year you came into this world with your easy going nature and a year later you are the same.
This time last year I saw your little face for the first time and fell in love once again.

Alex, you are one years old next week....
You are:

Sweet, sweet sweet. You are always smiling and even that night we spent in sick kids you managed to smile at every nurse and Dr. that came to check on you.

Funny: You know what makes us laugh (including Hayden) and will do what you can to crack us up. Like when you lift your arms in the air, throw your head back and scream "yea!!!!"

Annoying to put to bed: You sit and watch me with one eye and will not let me leave the room until you are fast asleep. If you hear one creek of the floor up your little head goes and a big smile brings me back.

Curious: You have to get into EVERYTHING! You need to be where the action is and of course where your big brother goes.

Agile/Athletic (lol can you say that about a baby?) You bounced that jolly jumper right off of its hinges.

Loving: You constantly give me hugs and kisses and always give me a smile when I walk into the room.

Alex, you are a wonderful little boy and I am so glad I got to spend this last year with you. I will forever think of this time - the ups and downs and will smile.

Thank you, my second little gift.
We love you.
xo

No comments: