So the four of us are sitting the yard today. Lui, Hayden, Alex and myself. Lui is running and playing with Hayden, Hayden is squeeling in delight and Alex and I are sitting with a bottle watching the whole thing go down. It was such a nice day today and Hayden was having the time of his life. After a third or fourth loud and adorable giggle from Hayden I notice my neighbour make a face at her husband and then say to Hayden "Wow, you bark just as loud as Lui does".
Let's pause here a moment and laugh at not one, but two passive aggressive attacks on me. Cheap shot, ouch, cheat shout ouch again. Cheap shot me, but don't use my child as a guard. Oh NO you didn't!
So I say to her with a smile "and it's only going to get louder once the three of them run and play together".
She then looks at me after an uncomfortable laugh and says "Looks like your Mullberry tree is ready to bloom".
Let us pause here for another moment so I can translate what this third and final knock out statement meant translated from passiveaggressiveese.
Last summer a week after we moved in and two months before I was about to pop, her and I were chatting over the fence. She pointed at the Mullberry tree and said "Did you know this is a Mullberry tree? They drop berries..." When she noticed I wasn't upset with that statement she adds "they make quite a mess". So I just look at her and say "Well the yard, gardening etc are not really a priority this year for us as I looked down at my belly and glance over at Hayden". She goes on to say how every year the berries dump into her yard and that I can have the tree removed. Again, I just went with the flow of the conversation and went on to talk about another bush boarding our property.
So her comment just now about the tree getting ready to blossom was a prelude to her talking me into removing the tree from my yard. So I answer with a smile on my face, "yup looks like every tree is ready to bud, I love the spring".
She did win that round though because I scooped up the kids and went inside. Maybe next time I will be able to chase HER from the yard.
Bully.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Are you effing kidding me? I want to go beat her up now. Kids are allowed to be outside and shouty. That's the place for them to run around and get their yaya's out. OMG. I hate your neighbour so much.
Post a Comment