Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poke my eyes out

So I caved and hired a sleep consultant because getting up 6-8 times a night with a six month old is just ridiculous. So she has me fill out a questionaire and we have a phone call this weekend. Should be interesting.... In the mean time I type as Alex whines over the monitor for the third time since I put him down at 6:30 (it's 8:08). He's been crying for 8 min and I thought typing away would get my mind off of the fact that he's awake yet again and not a happy camper.  Five more min of this b.s and I'll cave.

Poke my eyes out.

8:09 - 3 seconds of silence.

8:10 - still going strong. (I wonder if Hayden is waking up ticked)

I gave him tylonal before bed bc I thought his teeth may be bugging him AND he's so full he spit up.

8:11- still going. This is not a distraction

I'm a bad mother

8:12- I know if I give him a bottle he'll just fall back asleep... maybe I should, not feeling very strong.

8:13 - This min by min blow by blow is tourture

Now he's not only crying but hes fake coughing. Did i mention I broke my video monitor so I have no idea if hes upsite down, right side up...god maybe I should go in.

8:14 - quiet, quiet, quiet, quiet....quiet!! quiet! quiet! quiet!  oh my god! QUIET! no sounds... a little moan...

8:15 - still nothing! moan... nothing nothing nothing nothing....whine....nothing.....

distracted by survivor...

8:15 - and....he cries again... nothing... nothing... nothing....

8:16- whine... nothing nothing

(breathing)

8:17 - I hear nothing! Is he back asleep?

crap... did i need a sleep therapist? LOL

8:19 and a full two min of silence. (for now)

maybe I AM the baby whisperer.

8:35 stir and whine

god i wish i had chocolate. Chocolate chips, man I would even settle for bakers chocolate. Why the heck don't Marcus and I EVER buy junk food? CLEARLY I need it.

8:37 silence

9:41 yelling

ok 10 min and then I'll go check him.

9:44 still yelling (clearly I have officially lost my mind documenting a blow by blow of my evening) - EVERY evening for the last six months by the way, did I mention that?

9:46- distracted from funny epi of the office - still yelling

9:48 - tappering, tappering.... (LOL I HAVE lost it - but this is actually helping).

No comments: