Wednesday, March 10, 2010

and....they're off!

I need you to play the "William Tell Overture" as I describe the events of the morning...

Background:
We thought it would be great to sign Hayden up for swimming lessons so after reciving the "how to's" from a good friend we were all set.
"How to's"  you ask? - Yes "how to's" apparantly just picking up the phone on any given day to sign up for swimming lessons is not an option.

FIRST you have to get a FAMILY #
THEN you have to get a CLIENT # FOR EVERY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY
and then....let the races begin.

Phone lines and on line register opened up this morning at 7:00am. I was told by a source to get the on-line and phone line reg going at the same time to "ensure you get through".  You have GOT to be joking me...

So this morning at  6:58 I sat in front of my computer with phone in hand and hand on the mouse ready to get through. (insert music here).......
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 GUN SHOT
on
redial
busy signal
hang up
refresh screen
on
redial
busy signal
hang up
refresh screen.

I could just picture the other 100000000000000 mothers FRANTICALY trying to get through because the thought of entire spring and summer going by with nothing planned every Sat morning was NOT an option.

Annnnnnn they're off. Short legs hayden riding mama biafore rounds the first corner, but wait, neighbour down the street being road by red haired kid just takes the lead on the second pass, creepy guy in the fedora being road by cute little girl falls back and short legs hayden takes the lead.

30 min of the preverbial horse race and I got through....

30 MIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Out of spite I couldn't give up, so I didn't.

The things we do.....

P.S Side comment, I caught the boys flu last night and even after a night of hugging the toilet bowl I still had the strength to do this at 7:00am.  Again, the things we do....

No comments: