Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mirror Mirror on the wall

I just looked in the mirror for the first time in a month.  What used to be the "whites" of my eyes are now the "pinks" of my eyes from lack of sleep.

This kid does not want to sleep. On average we are up every hour and if I'm lucky he'll give me two hrs at a time. 

He's also REALLY gassy and pukes and fusses way more than Hayden.  Or have I forgotten already? I can't remember! My posts back then were way more polite than they are now.

I also noticed that during child birth this kid actually gave me a grey hair in my eye brow. He aged me in five hours!

Somewhere under my pj's, pinks of my eyes and grey eye brow hair (not to mention new wrinkles), nursing bras and thrown up on shoulders Joanna is under there.

Somewhere....

I have to say though, with no time on my hands I seem to be getting more done around the house than ever before.  I have also seemed to master the art of multi tasking. I can watch cartoons, breast feed, pat Haydens head and keep him from falling off of the couch with one leg all at the same time.  The old Joanna could not do that.  The old Joanna had no clue.

Despite the pinks of my eyes, I feel stronger than ever before.

Bring it on!

(next week I'll be putting my foot in my mouth, watch).

No comments: